Flow Sensors (Type FKM. and FK..)
for reliable monitoring of flow processes
Flow sensors from Proxitron monitor the flow speed of liquid or gaseous media and in doing so enable simple and effective flow process control. The basis is the calorimetric principle: Simi lar to the cooling effect experienced by the index finger in the wind, this principle utilises surface cooling caused by a passing flow of medium. The flow sensor surface is heated to a defined temperature. If this is exposed to a flow then the sensor is cooled down. The stronger the flow, the greater the cooling effect. Depending on the design, a flow sensor therefore measures the flow speed and delivers the resultant data to you.
Proxitron flow sensors are suitable for use in environments with high contamination levels. They are used for example in areas where aggressive chemical atmospheres prevail. Versions are available for monitoring gaseous and liquid media. Flow sensors for gases in compact plastic housings can be installed in existing exhaust air systems or ventilation systems. Flow sensors for liquids are equipped with stainless steel process connections in all conventional pipe thread sizes. With Proxitron flow sensors, limit value monitoring and flow measurements are available to you at the touch of a button. The advantages for you: Applications in numerous different industry fields, sensor-compatible accessories, which also enable pressure-resistant installation. Proxitron flow sensors are the most powerful and efficient solution for flow monitoring.
- simple commissioning
- compact design and simple operation
- AC and DC operating voltage
- different switch output variants
- various analogue outputs
- diverse stainless steel process connections
- chemically resistant fully plastic housing
Example application areas Coolant circuits, air-conditioning and building services enginee-ring, extraction systems, lubricant injection, pump control, filter monitoring, bearing cooling, electroplating, waste water treat-ment plants, offshore, shipbuilding, food industry, wood and paper processing, biogas plants, IT data processing centres, nuclear research, combined heat and power plants.
- Sensor and evaluation device in one housing or separate
- Stainless steel sensor head in different thread types
- Easy start-up by means of the teach-in function
- Reliable status report at maintenance free operation
- Corrosion-resistant plastic housing
- M32 cable gland for pressure-resistant fitting
- Adjustments with Potentiometer or teach-in
- Various designs available
For more information, click on the image below to download a PDF